Sunday 16 November 2008

Corinne Day

As I said in my last post, Jemma Sawyer told us how Corinne Day was one of her idols, so I decided to do a bit of research on her and look at some of her work.

Corinne Day is a British, self-taught photographer. Day is known for forming long and close relationships with many of her sitters (most famously Kate Moss), which have resulted in candid and intimate portraits. The most notable of these being the photographs of Moss in the 3rd Summer of Love editorial for the FACE magazine in 1990, styled by Melanie Ward. Moss was just 15 at the time, and Corinne Day barely 10 years older. Day was just making the move from modeling to the other side of the camera.I came across this photo shoot Corinne Day did for Vogue UK May 2004 titled "let's dance". As one of my projects is based on ballet dancers, I found this editorial very inspiring. It is useful to look at the poses and the styling in this shoot, particularly the fabulous use of colour in the fabrics.




No comments: