Sunday 30 November 2008

TATE

I feel a bit naughty putting this photo up as I got yelled at by the security guard for taking a photo...but she'll never find out! This has to be one of my favourites, '30 pieces of silver' by Cornelia Parker. This piece took up the whole room, and was made up of 30 circular arrangements of flattened silver objects, from trophies to forks, suspended 6 inches off the floor. It was a beautiful piece.



I took my little sister Edie to TATE modern the other day, they have turned the Turbine Hall into a scene some 50 years in the future. You walk through green and red strips, and into an area you feel has been quarantined, not to mention the giant metal spider looming above you, or the over-sized fruit and skeletons, it was certainly an experience!

(P.S. sorry about the photos, my camera decided not to turn on so I had to use my camera phone).






No comments: